All suppliers for Quotes to Compare are MCS Accredited
Out of all of the new generation of solar energy systems installed today, the most popular is Solar thermal panels and Quotes to Compare can help you find local trusted suppliers and installers.
To get 3 QUOTES for FREE from Local Suppliers, complete our form!
Benefits of Solar Thermal Panels
- Versatility – can be fitted to most UK properties
- Hot water throughout the year
- Large variety of manufacturers and product variations
- Low maintenance
- Generate long term cost savings, reduce your carbon foot-print
- Planning permission not generally needed (check with planning office)
Solar thermal panels will usually provide most of the home's hot water requirements during the summer months and overall, will average at around 50% during the 12 month period.
Solar water heating systems use free heat from the sun to warm domestic hot water via roof mounted solar panels, and a conventional boiler or immersion heater is then used to make the water hotter, or to provide hot water when solar energy is unavailable.
There are commonly two types of solar thermal panels, the flat plate collectors which are commonly seen and evacuated tubes.
Are Solar Panels right for you?
You will need:
- About 5 sq. m of roof which is in direct sunlight for most of the day
- Space for a hot water cylinder fitted with a solar heating coil
If you have a conventional boiler then it should be compatible – if you have a combi boiler and do not have a hot water tank, speak to your proposed installer first.
What if we don’t have a hot summer?
Solar thermal panels are designed to work on a combination of bright sunlight and low level daylight, so it will still be capable of producing solar hot water even during cold winter days.
Avoid rogue traders with Quotes to Compare
You need to ensure wherever possible that you are getting a good deal at a decent price from a reputable supplier who is qualified to advise, and where required, install the system for you.
- Use installers who have Microgeneration Certification
- Ensure the firm you choose do not subcontract out the work
- Get replacement and performance warranties for all equipment
- Ensure your deposit is safe and the company is properly insured
- Use intallers employing qualified roofers
- Get a competitive quote
- Can you see other installations completed by the firm locally?
Just complete the form, Quotes To Compare will contact up to three local solar thermal specialists in your area who will then contact you directly, arrange to visit and will offer competitive quotations – all directly to you.
This service is FREE to you and requires no commitment on your part.
Simply send your details and Quotes to Compare will do the rest .
Click here to get your enquiry started now.